Monday, January 31, 2011

la vie en rose.


As some one who's response to everything hard to find is, "let me Google it", I was challenged this weekend over a dirty martini and a glass of red cab to physically locating an Edith Piaf vinyl album somewhere in L.A. instead of clicking the "buy-it-now" button that delivers the album right to my door.  It all came about as I was telling my husband how much I want to bring home a vintage record player to listen to some of my favorite classic music.  If I can find an Edith Piaf album, my husband will personally bring home the vintage record player (I'm up for the challenge!). I was planning to visit the flea market at Fairfax High yesterday to jump start my search but the rain got in the way and I was happy to lounge around the house instead.  For those of you in L.A., where would you go if you were looking for vintage vinyl albums?

Is it just me, or do some vinyl albums transport you to the time and place they were created as soon as you put the needle down?  I wouldn't mind spending some time in 1940's France with Edith, or in Johnny Cash's 1950's Tennessee.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...