Thursday, October 7, 2010

signs of affection.

or else this little stick man is going to be really mad at me.

One of the best parts about my job is the random collection of drawings I've received over the years.  Since my post here about wanting to create my own version of this find from Anthropologie, I've decided to take my collection of love notes, pictures and cards and create my own hand stitched picture book.  One of my favorite collections is a group of twenty different cards my first graders made for me right before I got married. I brought them home after work and we couldn't stop laughing.  From pictures of stick figured brides and grooms to skunks with smelly lines warning me that boys are stinky in the morning, they were all wishing us luck in the way only a first grader can get away with.  I packed these in our carry on (next to my gown, these were on the top of my list of things not to lose the day before the wedding) and put them out on their own special table at our reception.  What if after the years pass by, I lose some of these memories?  Making them into a coffee table book is the perfect solution to preserving this fun collection. 

What title would you give a book of love stories, cards and stick figured little men telling me to go to sticker planet real fast?

Stay tuned for some more of my favorite pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...