Saturday, October 2, 2010

autumn wish list

My first book with my new library card


I love lists; Grocery lists, to do lists, what not to do lists, wish lists.  With the exception of a few lists (like the list of bills due at the end of the month), I like that there doesn't have to be any sort of urgency to cross anything off.  I can enjoy the things I've done, sit with the things I'm in the middle of and look forward to the things still to come.  Transitions are always a fun time to create new lists (the list of things to look forward to over summer vacation really helps the last couple weeks of work in June fly by), so I thought I'd write down a few things I'd like to do now that Summer has passed and we're into my favorite season. One of the great things about being able to visualize the things I like ... motivation to get off the couch after a looong day at work. 


Over the next couple of months I hope to:
  • master this recipe for croissants
  • pick a fun kids book and create my own embroidered project inspired by this anthropologie find
  • or, write my own
  • hold more cups of coffee
  • decorate the house for halloween (with this and this)
  • find my Marc Jacobs fingerless gloves
  • order these Jeffrey Campbell motorcycle boots
  • sign up for a library card (done)
  • bake a pumpkin pie (or two, or three)
  • start and finish the watercolor project on my dining room wall
  • see the fashioning fashion exhibit at LACMA
  • more monday night spin classes
  • read more, relax more and bike more
  • experiment with Holga
  • crochet a blanket to curl up in when watching my favorite guilty pleasure on TV.
  • enjoy as much nom nom as possible
  • sign up for an art class at Brentwood Art Center

What does the beginning of a new season make you want to get out and do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...