Thursday, November 25, 2010

happy thanksgiving.



During the holidays I inevitably find myself sitting at a table when the "what are you thankful for" conversation begins.  This is one of the worst possible situations I can ever find myself in, because in the midst of all the very serious and sentimental things people are thankful for, I  get to urge to blurt out the silliest thing I can think of (like socks without holes). For those of you who spend many holidays with me and now know what I'm really thinking when we're gathered around the table, I hope you understand I truly do enjoy hearing the wonderful things you're thankful for and I'm truly thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful people during the holidays. But, if you happen to look down and notice my socks, just know how truly and deeply thankful I also am that they don't have holes in them.

Some of the things I'm thankful for so far this holiday season include
  1. Bisquick gluten free baking mix
  2. My husband, who gets out of bed before me and makes coffee 
  3. Nom-Nom tacos
  4. Our new "perpetual green" living room wall
  5. Sunny California Christmases 
  6. ...and my parents who are flying out to enjoy it with us
  7. Reese peanut butter cups, Hershey kisses and creme brulee
  8. Owl-printed aprons
  9. Paper plate family members that step in when we can't all be together

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving weekend full of everything that brings cheer to your smile, makes your toes tingle and your heart sing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...