Monday, November 22, 2010

catching my breath.


I lingered in bed longer than usual for a Monday morning after waking up in a brief panic at 6:05 when I thought I missed my alarm. Remembering we have the entire week off, I laid back on my pillow, curled up in the blankets and smiled at all the things I can do this week just because I want to.  

Some of the things that made me smile:
  • Painting the final wall in our living room after finding inspiration during a trip to Lula's last week
  • Sunrise spin class on Thanksgiving
  • Holding lots of coffee
  • Buying a new pair of MJ fingerless gloves (perfect for holding coffee)
  • Hip Hop classes at the gym
  • Man Shops Globe marathons
  • Letting my pesky alarm sit in silence
  • The smell of turkey in the oven
  • Lanvin for H&M (more on this frustration later)

I've been known to literally jump out of bed in the morning and make a mad dash to the shower while wishing horrible things upon my alarm clock. In my sleepy daze it usually takes me until mid-shampoo to realize I'm either on vacation, or it's a Saturday (trust me, this happens more than I'd like to admit).  So even if I do absolutely nothing from this list, it reminds me that I can linger in bed longer than usual and spend more time on the couch enjoying my morning coffee.









1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! So wish I had the whole week off... What was your Lanvin frustration? I didn't make it to H&M during my weekend shopping extravaganza.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...