Tuesday, October 5, 2010

rainy day.

Can't I just go back inside?

I love rainy days.  Rainy days at work, not so much.  As a kid I lived for snow days, and sometimes I lived dangerously on the edge. If I thought there was even the slightest chance it might snow enough that night and school would be cancelled the next day, the likelihood I would study for Mr. Mill's French test went down at least 50%.  I woke up 10 minutes early to listen to the bus report on a daily basis in the winter, even though I never took a bus to school.  If the buses were cancelled, I took that as a sign that I didn't have to go to school either (though it was tough selling my parents on that idea no matter how much I promised to clean while they were at work).  I liked school, but nothing was better than an unexpected day off to kick my feet up on the couch and indulge in a guilty pleasure (which may or may not have been "Passions").  I prayed for snow days until the day I moved to LA.

Since this is pretty much as bad as it gets in LA, and no one seems to know what to do when it rains anyway, can't we all just have the day off? Can't I just stay home, curl up on the couch with a book, a cup of coffee and a guilty pleasure or two?

1 comment:

  1. Aha...the truth comes out...eventually.
    Snow days were great.... a cozy day at home.
    I think you love rainy days as I love them so.A good book...cuppa tea near the window watching the rain...see?....now that is the cozy feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...