Wednesday, February 23, 2011

dinner for two.


Just a simple Tuesday night dinner for two, inspired by Elizabeth Bard.  I had no idea what I wanted for dinner when I stopped by the market after work so I picked up these ingredients intent on making shrimp tacos, spent a few minutes talking to my favorite market friend (I see him on a daily basis, sometimes twice) and headed home. At the last minute I switched out the tortillas for lettuce wrap, and served the dish with a side of Mexican rice. It's definitely a refreshing, tasty dinner that's easy to prepare on a weeknight, I highly recommend it!

btw... I have to admit that I switched out the corn tortillas I originally planned to make in favor of the lettuce wrap because I also made chocolate chip cookies and I wanted as much room as possible to enjoy a couple with a giant glass of milk.  I'm so full now they might have to wait until tomorrow, but at least I was thinking ahead. Right? 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...