Thursday, February 10, 2011

chocolate chip almond biscotti.



Over the weekend I used this recipe for orange flavored biscotti that I found over at Cupcakes & Cashmere. This biscotti brings me back to my childhood, when I would find a Terry's milk chocolate orange in my stocking on Christmas morning, have you ever had one of those?  I loved breaking them open, but the orange & chocolate combination? Not so much.  However, every time I bite into one of these chocolate chip biscotti now, I wonder how it was ever possible to not love this combo!  


Notes:
  • I started with 3 cups of Bisquick gluten free baking mix.  The recipe calls for 3 1/4 cups of all purpose flour, but I find I need to use less of the GF baking mix as a rule, and it's easier to add than take away.
  • If you are making this with a GF mix, I would use a small pan and bake one loaf at a time.  The dough tends to spread out more than it's gluten-filled counterpart.
  • I added 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips to the batter along with the 1 cup of chopped almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...