Friday, December 17, 2010

can-american.


Like I mentioned in this post, there's been a lot of good, life changing events happening around our house lately.  One of those life changing events came in the form of 2 tiny but very important immigration papers that arrived a couple of weeks ago.  Let me tell you a little secret friends, those american channels that inundated my Canadian TV set as a child and made me feel like an honorable American were deceiving. It's not easy to immigrate to another country even if you speak the same language and try to impress the immigration officer with your knowledge of lovable 90's American sitcoms (hello, Full House). Remind me to share a few of the most memorable "cultural shock" experiences I've had since I impulsively hopped into a car as a wide eyed and naive 20 year old and drove out to California.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...